Thursday, July 5, 2007

Monday June 11

As the sun goes down walking trough the streets of Madrid, I turn to my roommate Ish and say, “I love it here”.

It feels as if the city flirts with you. Making me blush, I cant help but smile.

Today is only our first day in Madrid.

Despite the fact that I expected a lot from this trip I already feel satisfied. As I walk through Palacio Real de Madrid (The Royal Palace of Madrid), the historical essence of the city grabs me and leaves me amazed at the complex carvings of royalty and the fascinating art paintings that are at the ceiling of the palace.

I ran into fellow San Antonians who only noticed me as a Texan because of my “Going for Four” Spurs t-shirt. The two men and woman where on holiday in Madrid, but it was fun to run in to someone from home and chat a bit on our first day.

Today was merely our first day in Spain. As I constantly smile while feeling a state of blissfulness, I can only anxiously anticipate the next three weeks.

No comments: