Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Saturday June 16

Have you done what you want with your life?

All my life I’ve always wanted to grow up and be a police detective. I had an interview with the San Antonio Police Department the Friday before we left for Spain and feel as if I’m closer than ever to getting into their academy.

On Friday June 15, in the later half of the day we arrived in San Sebastian. I didn’t know how adorable it was going to be. I know I said I love Madrid, but San Sebastian was more overwhelming.

It’s located in the north of Spain behind the Pyrenees mountains that border France. French influence is obvious.

Our first night there we went to see the nightlife. It was as fun as can be as we laughed and danced the night away. The nightlife anywhere should be fun as long as there’s music and alcohol. It wasn’t the nightlife that hooked me (even though I’m a partying night owl).

The next mourning we went on a site seeing tour and learned that San Sebastian himself was a Christian follower and opposed the Romans. There is a statue at the top of a church in town that displays Sebastian with arrows stuck in his body due to the Romans attempt to kill him.

After that, we took advantage of some free time. We hopped on a small boat that took us to a small island with a hill. While we were on the island we hiked/walked up this hill to get a spectacular view of the ocean and the city. Subsequent to the island, we went to the beach. It was the best beach I’ve ever seen.

San Sebastian has so much to offer. The city is cleaned every night and the ocean view is breathtaking. There’s lots of places to shop to get that metropolitan feeling. It seems to be lacking nothing.

San Sebastian made me rethink my entire life. I questioned if I really wanted to just be a cop back home. I asked my roommate, Ish, shouldn’t all of us want to just stay somewhere like this forever? That’s how much San Sebastian will grasp on to you. It made me reconsider if I wanted to just come home to San Antonio.

San Sebastian is somewhere to take a lover. It would make the perfect honeymoon spot. I left a piece of my heart in San Sebastian.

No comments: